Solar finance products dramatically lower the upfront cost of going solar and eliminate the hassle of owning and maintaining a system for consumers. Because most homeowners today prefer to finance solar systems rather than pay for them up front, access to financing is critical to successfully selling and installing residential solar.
Clean Power Finance makes financing for distributed solar PV systems available to qualified solar professionals through our CPF Tools software platform. Finance products include leases, power purchase agreements (PPAs) PACE financing and other products that help solar pros win more deals and grow their businesses faster and more profitably than ever.
Some key benefits of partnering with Clean Power Finance include:
- Access to multiple finance products through our platform, which allows solar professionals to tailor sales pitches to individual consumer preferences
- The ability to manage the entire solar sales process–from proposal to system design to financing–within our automated and streamlined software, CPF Tools
- A non-exclusive model that allows solar professionals to work with multiple finance providers simultaneously with no exclusivity requirements
- Unbranded finance products, which allows solar professionals to brand financing and proposals as their own
- Access to a market of financing options with transparent pricing and the fastest payment terms in the industry
- A commitment to partner success through our in-depth training and support services
Clean Power Finance offers the following finance products in our marketplace:
The homeowner leases the solar PV equipment and makes a low monthly payment for the length of the contract term.
Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) Monthly
The homeowner pays each month for electricity generated by the solar system for the length of the contract term.
Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) Prepay
This option on a PPA allows the homeowner to pay the total amount of the contract up front, effectively paying for the energy the system will produce over the course of the contract term.
Learn more about how PPAs and leases use the solar-as-a-service model to save homeowners money on their electricity bills while avoiding the burdens of ownership and maintenance.
Property-assessed clean energy financing allows consumers to get financing for a solar system and then pay back the financing over time though their property taxes.
Clean Power Finance currently offers third-party distributed solar lease and PPA products in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Nevada, New Jersey and New York. We are actively pursuing expansion into new markets.
Access Finance Products
Solar professionals can access lease and PPA products by becoming an approved Clean Power Finance channel partner.
In order to become a Clean Power Finance channel partner, you need to submit an application and complete our verification process. Among other eligibility requirements, we require that you have significant volume in residential installs each year. If you are interested in becoming a channel partner, please complete this form and our sales team will review your information.
You can reach us at 866-525-2123 ext. 2 from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. PST Monday through Friday.